CF&Co was founded in 2000 to provide independent financial advice to companies in the mining industry. Expanding from our original London headquarters, we opened offices in Toronto (2009) and Hong Kong (2011).
CF&Co operates on the premise that the financing challenges facing miners are unique to the industry: volatile commodities; mine specific development and operating risks; challenging regulatory environments; constrained funding sources, both for debt and equity, which vary over time.
Mining finance embraces a range of often interrelated ‘products’ – joint ventures, project and corporate finance, M&A, acquisitions and disposals, corporate restructuring and debt restructuring. An advisory mandate may cover one or many aspects of mining finance. Good advice often requires a broad understanding of the whole spectrum.
- CF&Co helps clients develop and implement the financing plan to address its specific challenge.
- CF&Co operates globally, with offices in London, Toronto, and Hong Kong, and covers all major mining and private financing markets.
- CF&Co’s directors have huge experience in the mining finance business – ranging from 8 to 40 years.
- CF&Co is independent and has no conflicts of interest – it is owned by the principals, Peter Freeman and Nick Ransley, and is not tied to any institution.
- CF&Co is discreet – client confidentialities stay within the firm.
Chief Executive and Founding Partner
Peter Freeman (left) and Managing Director & Partner Nick Ransley. (right)