CF&Co was founded in 2000 to provide independent financial advice to companies in the mining industry. Expanding from our original London headquarters, we opened offices in Toronto (2009), Hong Kong (2011), and Perth (2023).
CF&Co operates on the premise that the financing challenges facing miners are unique to the industry: volatile commodities; mine specific development and operating risks; challenging regulatory environments; constrained funding sources, both for debt and equity, which vary over time.
Mining finance embraces a range of often interrelated ‘products’ – joint ventures, project and corporate finance, M&A, acquisitions and disposals, corporate restructuring and debt restructuring. An advisory mandate may cover one or many aspects of mining finance. Good advice often requires a broad understanding of the whole spectrum.
- CF&Co helps clients develop and implement the financing plan to address its specific challenge.
- CF&Co operates globally, with offices in London, Toronto, Hong Kong, and Perth, and covers all major mining and private financing markets.
- CF&Co’s directors have huge experience in the mining finance business
– ranging from 8 to 40 years.
- CF&Co is independent, has no conflicts of interest and is not tied to any institution. Effective January 2023, ownership was transferred to Cutfield Freeman Trustees Ltd, an Employee Ownership Trust, which holds the shares for the benefit of employees. The management of CF&Co remains unchanged.
- CF&Co is discreet – client confidentialities stay within the firm.
Chief Executive and Founding Partner
Peter Freeman (left) and Managing Director & Partner Nick Ransley. (right)
Our teams are spread across our 4 offices globally with a dedicated team in London, Toronto, Hong Kong and Perth.